Top 10 most beautiful beaches at Lake Garda
<i>Many beaches can be found on lake Garda. Most of these beaches are publicly accessible. Next to the famous beaches there are also quite some beaches that are hidden and more difficult to find. On the roads along lake Garda you can easily find out how to get to the beaches. There are often signs with ‘spiaggia’ which means beach in Italian. If you can’t find the beach by these signs you can always ask a local how to get to the beach.</i>
Is there a choice between pebble and sandy beachesOn lake Garda there are mainly pebble beaches because the beaches are located on a lake and not at sea. Because of the currents in the lake there are no stable and big waves. We recommend wearing water shoes. The stones can vary between small pebbles till big rock stones. Most of the beaches on lake Garda have medium sized stones, but these are slippery. This is because the gentle movement of the water is good enough for the stones to wear out slowly.
1. Long sandy beach at LaziseThe beach of Lazise is one of the best sandy beaches which you can find on lake Garda. The beach is very long and broad, allowing you to relax and enjoy the sun. In addition, there are multiple big trees who are providing shadow in the heat of the day.
2. Beautiful clear water at the beach Lido dell Bionde in SirmioneLido delle Biode has the clearest water of Lake Garda and is located at the end of peninsula Sirmione. This publicly accessible beach is the ideal place to spend a day. The clear water and the green nature are making it a beautiful spot. It is possible to rent a sunshade with lounger. And there is also a beach restaurant where you can have a drink or something to eat. The beach is near our Campsite Bella Italia
3. Pebble beach with sunbathing lawn at Spiaggia Porto Torchio, Manerba del GardaSpiaggia Porto Torchio is a long and broad pebble beach with a large lawn and picnic areas. For the children there is also a playground. On the beach there are several bars and restaurants where you can buy some nice refreshments.
Near Spiaggia Porto Torchio you can find the islands Isola di Bagio and Isola dei Conigli. You can go there by foot if the water is low. It is around 200 meters from Spiaggia Porto Torchio. When the water is to high you can take a water taxi.
4. Sandy beach at Lido Azzurro, Toscolano MadernoLido Azzurro is one of the few sandy beaches on lake Garda and can be found at the west part of the lake. You can rent loungers and sunshades and there are also dressing rooms. Furthermore, there is a playground for children. It is a private beach surrounded by a well maintained parc.
5. Peace on La Baia delle SireneThe beach of La Baia delle Sirene is ideal if you want to relax. You can fully enjoy the beautiful nature of lake Garda. When you walk to the beach, you come across various sights. Near the beach you can find beautiful gardens and on your way to the beach there is a small road which will lead you to a statue of a mermaid. The pebble beach can also be visited during the warmest days of summer. There are beach cabins, restaurants and you can rent sun loungers, sun beds and sunshades.
6. The beloved beach of La Baia del Vento at San Felice del BenacoLa Baia del Vento is one of the most popular beaches in the town of San Felice del Benaco. From the beach you have a good view on the beautiful island Isola del Garda. At the beach it is possible to rent sun loungers with a sunshade. If you want to do something active, you can go pedal boating, canoeing, snorkelling or fishing. It is not possible to buy something to eat or drink at the beach, but within a few minutes walking there is a pizzeria where you can buy some food and drinks. This beach is located near Villagio Eden.
7. Spiaggia Sabbioni at Riva del Garda… Perhaps the most beautiful beach on lake GardaSpiaggia Sabbioni might be the most beautiful beach of the north side of lake Garda. You can go pedal boating, swimming, windsurfing, sailing, picnicking on the lawns or have a drink at the terrace. The water is clear blue, but it expires quickly and is therefore very quickly very deep. Nearby Spiaggia Sabbioni you can see the beautiful cascade Cascata de Varone.
8. Long sandy beach La Quercia bij at LaziseLa Quercia is a long sandy beach. A part of this beach belongs to the eponymous campsite. The other part is freely accessible for everyone. You can spend a nice day enjoying the sun at this beach. Because of the location of the beach and the nice climate you can enjoy the sun between end of May till end of September.
This beach is near to Campsite Cisano San Vito.
9. Beach for water sports enthusiasts at TórboleTorbole is a beautiful picturesque village on the north side of lake Garde. It is a pebble beach, mainly for active vacationers. It is a well-known beach for windsurfing and sailing and you can practice these sports very well here.
10. The most northern part of Sirmione: GiamaicaGiamacia is located on the most northern part of Sirmione. Just before the entrance of the nearby ruins , a path leads down. You walk towards the water via this steep path. It is a small challenge to get here, but well worth it. It is a recommendation for the low season when there are not so many tourists.
Do you want personal advice about a campsite near these beautiful beaches? Call with one of our employees of the Gustocamp office. Monday until Friday reachable by telephone from 9.30 until 17.30 at telephone number +44 (0)1706438006 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leggi di più